Tuesday, July 8, 2008

110th Filipino Independence


This event happened on June 7, 2008 at the Mira Mesa Community Park. This was a joint event put together by the Council of Philippine American Organizations of San Diego County, the Aguinaldo Foundation and Mabuhay Alliance.

Along the parade route, I took this nice picture of Rita Buencamino-Andrews, President of COPAO, with one of the Philippine Faire Beauties.



This was a very well attended event with numerous organizations participating in and around the county. Students from various schools took part in showing their pride and solidarity as well as engaging in their civic duties in helping to uplift and be involved in their community.









Darrel Issa was on hand to pay respect to the many Filipino-American World War II heroes and that really made me feel pretty good since many of our brothers, fathers, and grandfathers had served in that war and seemed to have been forgotten.



Here are a few other pictures of the event and as I mentioned, many representatives were on hand from various Filipino-American groups that I know I am neglecting in mentioning so please everyone forgive me for seemingly lacking in depth on this blog.













I just was unsure what my full capacity was at the time and had only considered volunteering in order to share my pictures and footages in the hopes that they could be used on websites and or organizational literature. I thank those that have shown their appreciation in that regard and since I have finally decided to try and establish a multi-media entity of my own, I will be more prepared in the near future to get all the information possible on the participants of future events.

No comments: