Saturday, July 5, 2008

Battle Mountain 4th of July 2008


July 4th 2008, Battle Mountain in Rancho Bernardo overlooking Lake Hodges was a pretty nifty idea in watching the fireworks around San Diego County. Realistically there were 3 shows that could be seen mostly in the North County obviously. The one filmed is of the show from Poway High I believe. There were about 15 people up there with us, very varied in age with even a grandmother joining her family in making the hike. Wish I had a picture of that.
The biggest incident or should I say scariest was when a tarantula was discovered scrambling about and I got a kick out of letting it crawl around on my hand while everyone else looked at it before we released it further away from where everyone was gathered.


Below are some pictures of Battle Mountain in the latter part of June when we did a few scouting runs. I hope to get some footage when there is rain and lightening in the region so stay tuned for that since some of those will be used hopefully in an upcoming short film produced by IslandSuns.

No comments: