Sunday, November 21, 2010

Gettin' my civic duties on... helpin' otha's ta pikk ups they lil pet poopies...


So I am in the kitchen, the place is only about 2 months inhabited by it's current batch of tenants, a bunch a hooligans, social activists, life's practical has beensz still darin' ta be somebody and in one of the cabinets is a plethora of plastic bags we all eventually accumulate in our consumptionist type of lives. I am a bit perturbed, there is of course a solution and I am yet to decide on the ones available to me as I mull over doing laundry in the rain...

I put this issue to rest and proceed outside to check out the break in the downpour and pass by the area popular for pet owners to walk their dogs. I almost step on a wet pile of...



I look around for the plastic bag dispenser and find that there are no bags...



...unbelievable and to imagine the other piles of steaming dog doo that must be laying around it's contents, bacteria and toxins making it's way in the downpour into the storm drains.



I am on the verge of hurling... of relinquishing the omelet and sausage I had so enjoyably ate this morning, the fine coffee coming up afterwards as if an afterthought and to think I may have had wet dog shit on the bottom of my shoes...

I sense an epiphany as I run back n2 the apartment, retrieve the bags from that darn cabinet that irritated me earlier and replenish the neglected dispensers...



Sometimes there really isn't any glamour in addressing the simple yet necessary things...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A simple thing that people can do to keep they're living area a little cleaner. thats gettin yo civic on..